Sunday, March 22, 2009

One is Silver and the Other Gold...


Growing up my mother had a Secretary in the living room that held bills and other papers in its many slots in the bottom compartment and on the upper shelves it held books. One of the books I remember was a small book given to her by her dear friend Candy. The book was about friendship. I loved looking through this small, cute book that had quaint sayings about friendship. The quote that I liked the most and remember to this day is "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold". If I drank I'd raise a glass and toast friendship but I don't drink so I'll have a Twinkie instead. Thanks to all of my many wonderful friends. Here are some pictures, not all treasured are pictured so if you don't see your face don't feel bad. You are just not on my hard drive ;0) By the way Happy Birthday Kathy!!

3 comments:

  1. Chris, you are such a good friend, thanks for keeping me. I love the blog. Now I think you already have more posts than Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you are a great friend to many and I appreciate you a great deal. You make friends of all ages. I will never forget how important you have made Ande feel through the years and how much I enjoyed being your VT partner.

    I remember singing that song at girls' camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ya... I remember deleating those!!! Wouldn't they have been fun to put up! =)

    ReplyDelete